Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Fear of Being Outted

This article on CNN caught my attention on the kind of damage it could do.  There has been a few instance people being outted for a variety of reasons, some of which have been in cases that people have been careless in maintaining they anonymity.  Starfish is a good example, I haven't exactly been careful about it, but I'm working on it.  My advantage is that being in a city this size, you can get lost fairly easily.
There has been a positive side of being outted, but I think most of the bloggers that read this aren't exactly those that go into a Julia Child's fetish dream of some sort.

I'm merely reinforcing the fact that you need to be careful with who you decide to show your blog to.  This is to serve as an "outlet" of what you REALLY like or true beliefs.  Things could go bad if someone you don't intend to find out (relative, friend, employer, etc) find it and you could find yourself in the position of those mentioned above.

Just sayin', people.  Be careful.

1 comment:

inherservice said...

I made the mistake early on of telling my family of my "other" blog; though it's still been good, there are things I might have worked through that I haven't dared...

My spouse, a technophobe, doesn't believe the net should exist, let along blogs or Facebook or IM programs!