Thursday, September 20, 2007

What if you threw an orgy and nobody comes?

It's the night before the party, and just like every other party I've thrown, I'm a nervous wreck the night before.

What if no one shows up?

This has never happened and it had always worked out great, but still. I am a major cynic on human nature. People have a tendency to flake out, it's like they can't believe a party like this can exist. I have a tendency to "over invite" people because I know 2 or 3 out of 10 will flake out.

Such contingency plans on my part had headed off some potentially uncomfortable parties, I'm sure. In a couple of cases in which only a few people showed up turned out even better.

This party is going to be a bit different my friends flaked out. They got called out of the country or got the dates mixed up and had made concrete plans.

COME ON! You're going to get SERIOUSLY laid! How can you possibly overlook a date like that? But whatever. I have a regular participant showing up and that will be just fine.

No comments: