Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Party updates, frustrations, and realizations...

Not too long ago, Starfish and I have made three crucial decisions:
  • When.
  • Where.
  • What kind of party.
The where and when is something I'll let Starfish reveal in due time, but to be honest with you, I'm ITCHING to let you know.  Believe it or not, I enjoy throwing Bi-Parties.
As I may have explained before, Bi parties are generally more successful and easier to put together because even if no women show up, the men can all have some fun.*  In this case however, to be totally honest, Starfish has a strong indication will attend the party.**


As it currently stands, she seems to be doing quite a bit of the workload when it comes to the various ads, screenings, and emails and putting people at ease.
It seems that she has come to understand why I only throw these parties together semi-regularly, but also seems to know the fun and frustrations of doing so.  
There seems to be an added benefit of her potentially finding a female playmate before and after the party, but there seems to be some red flags that we talked about.  Of course people that initially seem to be flaky might surprise you in the end, but it's better to have your guard up and be pleasantly surprised than to be crushed for not seeing it ahead of time.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I guess I better get creative and post a few more ads. 


*except me, being the straight one.  But I just have fun throwing them. go fig.
**Not doubting her NOT showing up, but stuff happens. Either way, the party will continue.

No comments: