Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Don't know when to shut up? Fine.

Since I started this little project a few months ago, you can imagine some of the weird emails I had to pour over.  While a few were rather suspicious and cynical about the party and my motivations behind it; they will usually give it a leap of faith and agree to come.  I still expect a 50% turnout as far as the men goes.

One of the guys that was scheduled to come started hounding me after one of the initial emails was sent out started hounding me a bit.

Now, this requires a little going back in time, so indulge me.

Initially he was stoked, he seemed like a nice guy, didn't seem full of himself and then came the kicker:

"Do you have a pic of the girl?"
WTF?
"I don't really have one."  I am not about to hand out pictures of other people willy nilly.
"Well, I was curious on what she looked like."  Fair enough of a question, but I thought I'd head it off a bit.
"She's a BBW. Is that a problem for you?."  Which was true.  He was getting laid, wasn't that enough?
 "Well, no.  I was just curious." 
"If it's that important to you, then perhaps you should look elsewhere for fun."  I was getting a bit peeved, he apologized and I had to go.

I generally blew off the conversation and didn't think much about it.  That is, until the final emails were sent yesterday when my phone started buzzing:

"Hey, did you ever get those pics?"
Trying to remember, it occured to me I never agreed to pics.
"Umm...no.  I didn't think that was important."
"Well, are they black, white? What?"
I stare at the phone in this yokel, slack-jawed look that I give from time to time.
"You know, maybe this party isn't right for you."  I gave up.
"No, I was just curious."

I ignored it and blocked his ID from my phone.

You're getting laid, the girl is going to meet you unseen (We're thinking of a blindfolded scenario), and in a room *I* am paying for?  Fuck off.

Another Darwin survivor was one that seemed intelligent enough, he was articulate, but somehow simply couldn't find it in himself to simply send a torso pic.   That's all that was really need.

Nope. wouldn't send it. Period.

Screw him too.

I mean, men are lucky to get laid at all, in life.  They have a chance to get the anonymous sex that is practically offered on a silver plate and they SUDDENLY get picky?

Sorta' like a man out in the desert getting picky about the water because he's not sure if its Tap, Desani, or Fuji?

I mean, REALLY?

No comments: